Everyone experiences life as a curious mishmash of good and bad, perfections juxtaposed with imperfections. While it is good to focus only on the positive qualities of others, our introspection requires honest assessment of our own flaws. How otherwise can we change for the better?
We could start by choosing one incident in our lives that didn’t work out well for us. Perhaps a recent incident would be most relevant to who we are today, but let’s not limit ourselves to only recent happenings if there’s something in the past that still tears at your heart. If you’re having trouble choosing an incident, close your eyes and meditate until the perfect situation (for this exercise) comes into your awareness.
Now, let’s analyze what went wrong. This can be done through meditation and quiet introspection. Specifically we are looking for faults within ourselves. It is essential not to lay blame on others. No, that’s too easy, and it usually doesn’t take into account the whole picture. We’re now looking for insight into why this issue surfaced in our lives. Why did we allow it to be there, or what led up to it? Where did we go wrong, and what can we do to change our own thoughts and behavior in the future?
We cannot change other people but we certainly can and must change ourselves. This does not imply that we should feel guilt. We can accept each incident as a learning experience and be willing to use it to learn and change.
Write down your issue and findings to solidify the lesson in your consciousness. Journals are a helpful tool for those on a spiritual journey.
About MeHi there, I'm Linda Jo Martin, a spiritual seeker and writer living in the Klamath River Valley in Northern California.
- Jaguar Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Puma Totem Symbolism & Meaning
- Dowsing Healing – Pendulum Healing
- Human Perfection
- Flooding – What Does It Mean In A Dream?
- How to Respond to Harsh Words
- Raven Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Remove Barriers to Consciousness – Cleanse Heart and Then Mind
- Spiritual Communion With Nature
- Wisdom Givers
- A Short Prayer for Healing
- Unveiled Mysteries – The Sahara Desert – Ch.2 Notes
- Unveiled Mysteries – Meeting The Master – Ch.1 Notes
- The Third Lesson
- The Second Lesson
- The First Lesson
- My First Encounter With the Seven Purposes
- Kundalini Guided Meditation Chakra Healing
- Helpers From On High
- America’s Spiritual Destiny, Be Part of the Solution!