During winter herbs such as mint and lemon balm lie dormant. Early in spring they awaken and start to grow. Within weeks green, vibrant leaves dance above the ground. A few months later garden herbs are so abundant and filled with potency, the herb farmer harvests them to use and savor that fragrance and essence. If the herb isn’t harvested, it will flower and eventually scatter seeds that result in new plants the following spring. However if it is harvested at mid-summer the plant has another chance to sprout new leaves and return to full power before the end of the growing season. Either way, winter comes and puts an end to the growth. It is inevitable. The plant must be cut back by hand of man or seasonal change — to go dormant and start again.
There are cycles in human lives too: birth, growing, aging, death. We understand this and see it happening all around us.
Organizations and countries have cycles too. They are born amongst upheaval, hope, higher aspirations, and a need for change. They grow in power and efficacy — then age to a point where the original mission is lost. A need to solve problems devolves into desire to maintain power. And then they die. Some other human construct replaces them.
While all these changes are taking place we must each search our hearts to know the role we must play. Are we mere observers? Do we pray and heal and spread loving energy? Do we submit to treachery or resist it? Whatever role we are guided to, the ability to commune with our higher self helps us throughout each day.
About MeHi there, I'm Linda Jo Martin, a spiritual seeker and writer living in the Klamath River Valley in Northern California.
- Jaguar Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Puma Totem Symbolism & Meaning
- Raven Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Flooding – What Does It Mean In A Dream?
- Seek Happiness Within – Don’t Expect Others to Make You Happy
- How to Respond to Harsh Words
- Human Perfection
- Handling negative self-talk when saying affirmations
- Chakra Healing Using Spheres of Energy
- Wisdom Givers
- Mentorship Prayers
- Remove Barriers to Consciousness – Cleanse Heart and Then Mind
- The End of the World
- The Transformation is Happening Now
- Definition of Consciousness
- Judgmental Attitudes Hinder Awareness of the Cosmic Consciousness
- Soaring in the Light of Divine Consciousness
- Prayer for Bloggers
- Wisdom Givers
- Prayer for a Foreign Student