If you find yourself with negative thoughts while you’re saying affirmations, there’s a technique you can use to counter them. Get a piece of paper and fold it in half lengthwise. Say your affirmation, then write down the first negative thought that comes to mind.
Affirmation: “I can relax and enjoy life.”
Backlash: “No you can’t. There’s nothing to enjoy.”
Write this down on the paper, then on same line, on the other half of the paper, write a response such as “There’s plenty to enjoy in life,” or “I enjoy taking long walks and smelling flowers.”
Fill the entire page with your negative self-talk comments and your positive, specific responses. You will overcome negativity, and your sub-conscious mind will respond beautifully.
About MeHi there, I'm Linda Jo Martin, a spiritual seeker and writer living in the Klamath River Valley in Northern California.
- Jaguar Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Puma Totem Symbolism & Meaning
- Dowsing Healing – Pendulum Healing
- Human Perfection
- Flooding – What Does It Mean In A Dream?
- How to Respond to Harsh Words
- Raven Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Remove Barriers to Consciousness – Cleanse Heart and Then Mind
- Spiritual Communion With Nature
- Wisdom Givers
- A Morning Prayer
- Prayer by Thomas à Kempis – Grow in Faith
- Evidence of Prayers Answered: Dirt and Friendship
- Live For Today, Don’t Dwell on the Past
- Praise God… How Great Thou Art
- Prayer for Crossing Over in Peace
- Mentorship Prayers
- Prayer for Bloggers
- Prayer for a Foreign Student
- I AM Affirmation Prayer for Times of Change