Distractions are very common during our work days. A distraction may be something as little as a dog barking outside, or something as complex as an unexpected phone call with someone who doesn’t ever want to ever stop talking. How we deal with petty irritations that take our minds off our work tells us a lot about the level of our spiritual consciousness connectivity.
The first line of defense is prayer. Ask Spirit to remedy the situation. Say, “God, I need help because __________ is keeping me from being able to work. Please change the situation so I can get some work done.” Now often, this leads to a swift dispersal of the distracting energy.
What if it doesn’t? What might that mean? My first thought is that faith might be lacking. Do you really believe that Spirit (God) answers prayers? Do you have faith that your spirit guides are watching out for your best interests? Words of prayer without the faith are rather empty. Along with faith goes gratitude in advance for the solutions you’re asking Spirit to enact on your behalf.
Another thought that comes to mind in the case of an unanswered prayer is that the supplicant may need patience, and Spirit is using the situation for your benefit, for patience-training purposes. If you have ever prayed for patience you may be getting lots of tests like these! After all, dogs do eventually stop barking and talkative phone callers do eventually hang up. Patience is nothing more than waiting without complaining (internally or externally).
What you may need is a better attitude toward distractions. Perhaps you need more flexibility so you can cheerfully handle these types of events. Go with the flow and be willing to change your plans for a few minutes, or hours, or however long it takes.
Send your love to the dog, to the too-talkative person, or whatever energy assails you. Your love energy will penetrate the distracting energy and change it to something more compatible with your purpose in life. Try it! Love starts with you!
Today’s key thought: Gratitude in Advance – meaning that you know Spirit will help you, so thank Spirit, your angels, and your spirit guides now.
About MeHi there, I'm Linda Jo Martin, a spiritual seeker and writer living in the Klamath River Valley in Northern California.
- Jaguar Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Puma Totem Symbolism & Meaning
- Raven Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Flooding – What Does It Mean In A Dream?
- How to Respond to Harsh Words
- Seek Happiness Within – Don’t Expect Others to Make You Happy
- Human Perfection
- Handling negative self-talk when saying affirmations
- Chakra Healing Using Spheres of Energy
- Wisdom Givers
- Mentorship Prayers
- Remove Barriers to Consciousness – Cleanse Heart and Then Mind
- The End of the World
- The Transformation is Happening Now
- Definition of Consciousness
- Judgmental Attitudes Hinder Awareness of the Cosmic Consciousness
- Soaring in the Light of Divine Consciousness
- Prayer for Bloggers
- Wisdom Givers
- Prayer for a Foreign Student