Often people say things that feel to us like attacks. We cannot allow these words to imbalance us. We must learn to respectfully acknowledge the situation whether it be the result of inconsiderate thinking, anger, frustration, or irritation.
First, kindly acknowledge the feelings of the other person. Respectfully remember that this person is a representative of God on earth just as you are, and as such, should be held in the mental embrace of your loving compassion.
Say: “If I can think of anything nice, loving, comforting and accepting to say to you, I’ll say it. I acknowledge all the trauma you’ve endured in this lifetime and I care about you.”
Now, this may not answer the angry person’s insults or accusations, and it doesn’t really say those kind things you would really prefer to say, but it will make the abusive person stop and re-think their behavior patterns.
Keep showing kindness. If the assault continues, repeat the words I just gave you until they sink in.
Most angry people are loud and obnoxious with their words because they feel they are not being cared about, not being respected and loved. Perhaps they have never, or rarely, had an example in their lives of someone who can truly “fly above” the situation and speak from the spiritual viewpoint rather than the viewpoint of someone enmeshed in the negativity of the lower planes of thought.
The ability to be that higher-minded individual is very precious. While others are attacking, you are loving. While others are angry, you are radiating peace. While others are blustering, you are kind-hearted sunshine, healing those around you, showing them the spiritual path that will take them away from their mental suffering.
About MeHi there, I'm Linda Jo Martin, a spiritual seeker and writer living in the Klamath River Valley in Northern California.
- Jaguar Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Puma Totem Symbolism & Meaning
- Raven Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Flooding – What Does It Mean In A Dream?
- Dowsing Healing – Pendulum Healing
- How to Respond to Harsh Words
- Human Perfection
- Seek Happiness Within – Don’t Expect Others to Make You Happy
- Handling negative self-talk when saying affirmations
- Spiritual Communion With Nature
- Mentorship Prayers
- Remove Barriers to Consciousness – Cleanse Heart and Then Mind
- The End of the World
- The Transformation is Happening Now
- Definition of Consciousness
- Judgmental Attitudes Hinder Awareness of the Cosmic Consciousness
- Soaring in the Light of Divine Consciousness
- Prayer for Bloggers
- Wisdom Givers
- Prayer for a Foreign Student