Every morning during summer months I go outside not long after dawn to water my vegetable and herb garden. By the time I’m done preparing the plants for the day they are glistening, glowing with joyful radiance, ready to meet the sun as it rises over the crest of the tree tops. Like those plants, we need daily sustenance to prepare ourselves for the day and to raise our consciousness and spiritual awareness.
Early morning activities should be chosen with care. They set the mood for the rest of the day. We have many choices: hatha yoga, prayer, meditation, journaling — these are all things that give sustenance to our inmost beings, and prepare us to live in spiritual sunlight.
Many times I’ve awakened while being given instructions by my guides.
Pay special attention to your thoughts while waking. You see, all night long we are communing with spiritual beings — our spirit guides and angels. If they want us to remember something that thought will be in our minds as we regain consciousness in the morning. You might want to put these thoughts into a special bedside journal labeled “Self-Improvement Insights” or something similar.
Just as plants cannot thrive without water and sunlight, we need spiritual sustenance to sustain our journey toward higher consciousness. We need higher consciousness to put the chaos and confusion of life into perspective, to maintain peace of mind.
Today’s key thought: Spiritual sustenance – meaning practices and personal rituals that give us spiritual strength.
About MeHi there, I'm Linda Jo Martin, a spiritual seeker and writer living in the Klamath River Valley in Northern California.
- Jaguar Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Puma Totem Symbolism & Meaning
- Raven Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Flooding – What Does It Mean In A Dream?
- Dowsing Healing – Pendulum Healing
- How to Respond to Harsh Words
- Human Perfection
- Seek Happiness Within – Don’t Expect Others to Make You Happy
- Handling negative self-talk when saying affirmations
- Spiritual Communion With Nature
- Mentorship Prayers
- Remove Barriers to Consciousness – Cleanse Heart and Then Mind
- The End of the World
- The Transformation is Happening Now
- Definition of Consciousness
- Judgmental Attitudes Hinder Awareness of the Cosmic Consciousness
- Soaring in the Light of Divine Consciousness
- Prayer for Bloggers
- Wisdom Givers
- Prayer for a Foreign Student