Every morning during summer months I go outside not long after dawn to water my vegetable and herb garden. By the time I’m done preparing the plants for the day they are glistening, glowing with joyful radiance, ready to meet the sun as it rises over the crest of the tree tops. Like those plants, we need daily sustenance to prepare ourselves for the day and to raise our consciousness and spiritual awareness.
Most of us are victims of mind control foisted on us by media and corporations, governments, cults, and even some community leaders. There is a way for spiritually aware people to escape and heal from this assault. Simply put, we must elevate our consciousness. Initiates into the spiritual life can do this by finding a source of higher consciousness vibrations, and aligning their energies to it.
The person who expects the unexpected and welcomes surprises as challenges rather than as roadblocks is going to be much more comfortable with difficulties than is an inflexible person who has rigid expectations of what life should provide. We’ve entered an era during which humanity may experience devastating shocks on both a personal and global scale. We need to be willing to accept unwelcome changes and move ahead gracefully.
During winter herbs such as mint and lemon balm lie dormant. Early in spring they awaken and start to grow. Within weeks green, vibrant leaves dance above the ground. A few months later garden herbs are so abundant and filled with potency, the herb farmer harvests them to use and savor that fragrance and essence. If the herb isn’t harvested, it will flower and eventually scatter seeds that result in new plants the following spring.
We live in a material world and are, of necessity, focused on matters of financial import. Most of us cannot escape that burden of monetary responsibility. It weighs heavily on our thoughts much of the time. There must be a balance, however, to keep honoring our soul awareness. Spiritual consciousness can have a huge effect on career issues and objectives.
Do not worry about money. It cannot corrupt. It is your desires that corrupt you. These can be influenced by others. For example, in a materialistic society you may be influenced by advertising to want things that are not for the highest good.
With each interpersonal event comes an opportunity to share a bit of heartfelt love. Some people won’t appreciate that. They may accuse you of [inconsiderate] laughter because you cannot hide your joy — which manages to bubble up and surface — sometimes a bit inconveniently.
But be love-conscious anyway. When there’s a [...]
A few personal notes:
I was born in 1952 in the San Francisco Bay Area and gave birth to five children all of whom are now adults.
I live in the center of a vast Northern California forest, in a cabin.
Although I was raised by an atheist and an agnostic,my spiritual seeking began early [...]
This is a simple five-step method for clearing emotional distress.
1. Get some rest. If you haven’t slept recently, lay down and rest for a few minutes. Give yourself a break.
2. Relax. Rest until your muscles start relaxing. Relax them intentionally if need be, by sending the command, “relax” to your various muscle groups [...]
About MeHi there, I'm Linda Jo Martin, a spiritual seeker and writer living in the Klamath River Valley in Northern California.
- Jaguar Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Puma Totem Symbolism & Meaning
- Raven Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Flooding – What Does It Mean In A Dream?
- How to Respond to Harsh Words
- Seek Happiness Within – Don’t Expect Others to Make You Happy
- Human Perfection
- Handling negative self-talk when saying affirmations
- Chakra Healing Using Spheres of Energy
- Wisdom Givers
- Mentorship Prayers
- Remove Barriers to Consciousness – Cleanse Heart and Then Mind
- The End of the World
- The Transformation is Happening Now
- Definition of Consciousness
- Judgmental Attitudes Hinder Awareness of the Cosmic Consciousness
- Soaring in the Light of Divine Consciousness
- Prayer for Bloggers
- Wisdom Givers
- Prayer for a Foreign Student