After listening to a friend during a fit of complaining, and as I listened to my own inner self-talk, I realized that all the complaints we make are based on things outside ourselves that we perceive as imperfect. We rarely hear people complaining about their own behavior, but often they complain about the behavior of others, or the government, or the weather.
If we didn’t waste so much time projecting outward, using our myopic viewpoints to judge everything around us, we’d have more time to project inward, to root out our own faults and take joy in our spiritual relationships.
The more we focus inward on our spiritual growth, the happier we’ll be, and the happier those around us can be.
Eliminate complaints forever!
Affirm: I focus on perfecting my own being.
About MeHi there, I'm Linda Jo Martin, a spiritual seeker and writer living in the Klamath River Valley in Northern California.
- Jaguar Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Puma Totem Symbolism & Meaning
- Raven Totem – Symbolism & Meaning
- Flooding – What Does It Mean In A Dream?
- Dowsing Healing – Pendulum Healing
- How to Respond to Harsh Words
- Seek Happiness Within – Don’t Expect Others to Make You Happy
- Human Perfection
- Handling negative self-talk when saying affirmations
- Spiritual Communion With Nature
- Mentorship Prayers
- Remove Barriers to Consciousness – Cleanse Heart and Then Mind
- The End of the World
- The Transformation is Happening Now
- Definition of Consciousness
- Judgmental Attitudes Hinder Awareness of the Cosmic Consciousness
- Soaring in the Light of Divine Consciousness
- Prayer for Bloggers
- Wisdom Givers
- Prayer for a Foreign Student